Dear Parents and Carers:
- Sharing the Learning: P3 have been reading ‘How to Train my Dragon’ as their class novel. They have used the theme of the book to create some beautiful ‘gradation’ art work of Dragon’s eyes, as well as extending the story for their own imaginative writing. They focused on use of adjectives in their discussions and writing on their dragons. You will enjoy reading all about them when you join us in October.
- We are introducing an on line booking system for Parent Consultation Meetings this year on a trial basis. If you have High School pupils, it is the same system Boroughmuir use. Help sheets will be emailed to you. Please let us know if you require assistance.
- We have a new School Nurse, Mrs Nadene Lees, and she is going to support all the Cluster Schools, Bruntsfield, Buckstone, South Morningside and Boroughmuir High School. This will help with transition as the children move from P7 to S1. Mrs Lorraine Smith will continue working with us as our Health Assistant. P1 pupils will receive a Health Questionnaire and you will be able to talk to Mrs Smith, if you have any questions. Details will be emailed from your class teacher in due course.
- Please remember to include a health snack in the mornings.
- Diary Dates: Primary 1 families due to start in August 2020 are invited to our New to P1 Open Day on Wednesday 30 October 2019. Enrolment at Bruntsfield will be on Wednesday 6 November 2019. Details to follow.
- We are finalising our dates for Showcase Events. Each year, all parents are invited to share their children’s learning and try some of their activities. Teachers will give details in the ‘Pupil Friendly Time Tables ‘which will be with you this week and I shall add the overview of dates to our website. Invitations will come out as a reminder before the event, please check details nearer the time.
As always, if you need my help in any way, please let me know.