Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome back everyone, I hope you have had a wonderful summer holiday.
- Welcome to all our new pupils and Primary One pupils.
- Our ‘P1 Meet the Teacher’ event is on Wednesday 21 August, 3.30 – 4.30pm in the P1 classrooms. The teachers will share their plans for the year with you and answer any questions you may have.
- The Parent Council have a Teddy Bear’s Picnic this Friday, 12.15-1.30pm in the Stage Hall to make new friends. All P1 families are invited.
- Welcome to all our new staff: Mrs Elaine Tarrant is joining us for a year and will be working with children across the school and Miss Sanni Suhonen in P1B, Miss Jain Whitehead in P1C, Miss Emily McLeod in P2A, Miss Christie Allan in P2B, Miss Louise McKenna in P5B and Mrs Lorna Sibbald, our new Business Manager.
- Lots has been happening to our building over the summer. The Stage Hall ceiling was completed over the holidays, which was a major achievement by the team. The ground floor and top floor windows have been checked and upgraded and the basement windows will be completed this week. The swimming pool is being refurbished and is closed until further notice. The roof on the boys toilets has been replaced with improved insulation and we still have more work to do. I shall keep you updated of next steps in my blog as information comes to me.
- We have a number of children with allergies in school and their families very much appreciate it if you could avoid nuts and peanuts in snacks and packed lunches. Thank you.
- Our Vision is ‘Be the best you can be….achieve your personal best’. If there is anything we can do to help the children achieve this, please just let us know, we are all here to help.