Dear Parents and Carers,
- Boroughmuir High School and our P7 pipers are ready to pipe the children out on Friday. They will be ready at 11.50am and this will hopefully minimise congestion at the front door.
- Our P7s have been a credit to you, the school and their community and we wish them all the very best at High School.
- Our Standard and Quality Report is in a different format this year, I shall post it on the School Website. If you have any queries, please let me know.
- The Improvement Plan is linked to the National Priorities. This year, we shall focus on writing, health and wellbeing and closing the attainment gap between most and least disadvantaged children. We shall continue work on Rights Respecting Schools and improving communication. In addition, teachers are going to work with Cluster colleagues on areas which are relevant to their stage and personal next steps. Details will be finalised in August and we shall keep you informed as we progress through the plans.
- As always, we shall also keep a ‘running list’ of improvements and next steps pupils, staff, parents, carers and partnership services suggest. If we can address them quickly, we shall, if the suggestion is a larger topic, we shall add it to our long term plan for school improvements.
- The Scottish Government would like to hear your views on your child’s school on https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/EdPiePrim/ the survey closes on 12th August 2019. You have been sent an email directly from both the School and Parent Pay on this.
- The Scottish Volleyball Association (SVA) are running their annual S.H.A.P.E. (Schools Holiday Aspire Programme Edinburgh) Beach Volleyball Camp in conjunction with Edinburgh Beach Volleyball Club on Wednesday 17th and Thursday 18th July at Portobello Beach (just outside the Swim Centre) from 10-12 noon. £5 per person per day (members £3). Please contact SVA Regional Development Officer, Lynne Beattie firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- School starts for pupils on Wednesday 14 August 2019. Staff have inservice training on Monday 12 and Tuesday 13 August 2019.
All our children have been a delight and pleasure to work with this session. We look forward to welcoming them back in August, along with our new Primary One pupils.
Have a lovely summer, be kind to yourselves and each other.