Dear Parents and Carers,
- We had many nominations for our Golden Book Award. The winner was Aisling in P7A for sharing strategies with others on how to achieve even if you have barriers to overcome and leading by example. Close runners up were Henry in P5C for his contribution to raising funds for Poppy Scotland and Clement and Terence in P7C for learning English very quickly and teaching the class French. Thanks to the Pupil Council for choosing the winners.
- P7 Show, The Lion King, was a great success. Well done P7 Team!
- End of Session Pupil Reports will go home on Friday 21 June 2019. Your views are important to us, feedback on the return sheets is much appreciated.
- Westminster and Scottish Government have decided the May public holiday in 2020 will transfer from Monday 4th May to Friday 8th May 2020. This will affect the school session dates for 2019/20. As the original arrangement allowed for the Inservice Day to follow the public holiday, it has been decided to relocate the Inservice day in May from 5th May 2020 to 4th May 2020. The new dates are: Monday 4th May will be a school closure for pupils and an Inservice Day for staff (previously Tuesday 5th May)
Friday 8th May will be the reallocated public holiday (previously Monday 4th May). An email has gone out to all families about this.
- This year’s EPSSA netball competitions concluded at Jack Kane Sports Centre on Monday with all teams showing great skill and enthusiasm on court. Bruntsfield won the final against Sciennes with Corstorphine and St George‘s coming third and fourth. Well done Netball Team – what a great ending to a fantastic year!
- The P4/5 Girls Football Team have had a successful season, culminating in a very creditable 3rd place finish in the Gold Cup last Sat 15th June at Harrison Park. Their coaches said, “It’s a credit to the girls (and their parents) for their enthusiasm and hard work as most of our girls only train once a week and have been playing against others who often train 2-3 times a week.” Well done everyone, I like the move from Silver to Gold!
Please remember there are no Parent Council after School clubs on the last week of term and no Kidzcare Club on the last day.
School closes at 12 noon on Friday 28 June.
Kind regards, Carol Kyle