I would like to share the Thank You from a P4 parent: “What a fantastic event last Friday was! We, as a family, were absolutely overwhelmed by the generosity, in every sense, shown by the Bruntsfield Primary School Community. To raise £983 by selling cakes and wearing jeans was extraordinary. Please pass on our heartfelt thanks to the school staff, parents and, of course, the young people, who made this all happen.” A great effort everyone, thank you all and special thanks from me to the P4 parents who led this.
The fundraising continued with £293.12 raised today for Fair Trade.
· Lunches: 82 children turned up for lunch on Wednesday, without their lunches being ordered on ParentPay. Fortunately, the kitchen staff were able to cook extra this week, but this has time and resource implications. They have asked me to remind everyone, they will not always be able do this. Please remember to always book lunches in advance, especially following a holiday.
· A few things have gone missing from school lately: a coat, trainers, cello and ukulele. We are doing all we can to find them. Please remember to put your child’s name or initials and class on everything. This allows found property to be returned quickly. Please also lock bikes and scooters in the bike shed and avoid leaving them there overnight. We shall remind children to check they have everything at the end of each activity and at the end of the day. Please help us reinforce this message at home. Hopefully, the missing items will turn up quickly.
· The City of Edinburgh Council Sports Development Team have a new Multi-Sport Skillz Holiday Programme this Easter! The programme caters for P3 – P7 pupils and includes; football, cricket, badminton, rugby, tennis and yoga! Details have been emailed to you and further information is available from Euan Morrice at The Sports Development Team, Tel 0131 334 9290 or by email at email@example.com
· ‘Woodcraft Folk’ run an after school club on a Friday evening from 6:15pm – 7:30pm for children (6 to 15 years) where they learn about the world and how to value our planet and each other. Danielle from Wooodcraft attended our Gathering on Monday to share what they do with the children. If you would like to find out more or be involved, please contact Danielle on 07419 129397 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Redevelopment of the original Boroughmuir High School: CALA have informed us one of their contractors started work on the 18 February for the first stage of development. They will keep us updated as things progress and forward their travel plan when complete.
· You may be aware, the City of Edinburgh Council submitted a planning application for a new primary school at Canaan Lane. You may view the plans using the Council’s online planning portal under ‘Canaan Lane’, reference 19/00435/FUL.
As always, if there is anything we can do to help, please contact the class teacher, one of the DHTs or myself.