Dear Parents and Carers,
- Our children are sharing their views on how they would like the City to look in 2050. My compliments to them all: cleaner, greener, fairer, following Global Goals are all high in their priorities along with absolutely no litter, waste, plastic or smoking. There were some great illustrations promoting, kindness to animals, politeness, peace and ‘the sunrise of a new age’. All their thoughts will go to the Council for their consideration.
- All our Scottish Poetry class winners presented their poem with feeling and confidence at the Assembly last Friday. Safiya in P2A is overall winner for P1-P3 and Amber in P7B, for P4-P7. Well done to all our winners, competitors, and everyone who learned poems. A great achievement by all and a very enjoyable morning!
- We are focusing on kindness as our theme for relationships and building resilience. Every child in P4C has contributed to making a felt ‘Kindness Collage’ for their classroom. It illustrates the way the children see and feel kindness in our school and it is absolutely beautiful. Well done P4C.
- Our Badminton Team played in the regional qualifier for the Scottish Schools Quaich competition on Thursday 24th January against Erskine Stewart’s Melville Schools (ESMS) and won all 5 games. This means the Bruntsfield Team have now qualified for the SSBU Gibb Memorial Primary Quaich, representing Edinburgh Schools, which will be held at the Ravenscraig Centre in Wishaw, on Saturday 23rd February. Bruntsfield won this national competition last year, and so will be defending the title and trophy (the large shield that sits in the Bruntsfield trophy cabinet). Thanks to all the Team and their coaches for their achievements and GOOD LUCK!.
- P6 pupils will share their learning with you on Thursday 7 February ‘Auld Reekie His-Toury’ Showcase. Entrance is from 1.45pm with music from the children to welcome you as you arrive. The Show starts at 2pm.
- The Book Fair is running well, with lots of exciting choices, thanks to the staff for running this and to all of you for purchasing. Commission is paid in books, which the children choose with Mrs Ramsay.
- Great to see so many people for Parent, Pupil, Teacher consultations on Tuesday. We have more meetings today. If, for any reason, you were unable to attend, please make arrangements with the class teacher for an alternative date.
If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.