Dear Parents and Carers,
- Pantomimes, Nativity and End of Term Parties are coming to an end as we finish the year having worked hard, had fun and laughter along the way. This has been a good year for bringing new teams together and welcoming new staff and pupils to Bruntsfield.
- P4 and P5 children have been learning to play the Ukulele with the help of the National Youth Orchestra who join us every year. Today, they shared Silent Night with me and it was just lovely!
- Over 50 shoeboxes were filled for young people’s Christmas Gifts from Churchhill Community Team. Thank you everyone.
- Inservice Day Tuesday 8 January 2019: Our Cluster colleagues from South Morningside and Buckstone Primary Schools will join us to plan and share ways pupils engage in their learning with training from Mindstretchers. We would like each pupil to have the skills and confidence to contribute to planning their learning and in particular themes within their topics and their next steps for success. In the afternoon, teachers will moderate samples of children’s learning, to ensure consistency of standard across the cluster.
Our pupil support assistants will extend their training on working with groups of pupils to meet individual needs.
- First day back for children is Wednesday 9 January 2019, 8.45am for P3-P7 and 8.50am for P1 and P2.
Have a lovely holiday and all the very, very best for 2019.
Look after yourselves and each other.