Dear Parents and Carers,
- Sharing the Learning: P5s were designing experiments to find out which solids dissolve, mix and evaporate. There were lots of theories being discussed and plans tested.
- P7s have been making animations, writing and performing small drama scripts and completing art work. They had great fun sharing their movies, plays and art with their P1 Buddies.
- P4 CfE Showcase Event ‘Titanic’ was a great success. Thank you everyone in P4.
- Ellie in P7B was nominated as one of 20 finalists, from over 1200 entries in the Green Pencil Award, for her story on Rain. This is the first year, P7-S3 have been in the same category. The theme was Young People in the Scottish Environment. Ellie shared her story and everyone enjoyed hearing it. Well done Ellie!
- Innes (P5C) is a South Edinburgh Christmas Card Competition winner. Well done Innes.
- Max, P7A was awarded a certificate by the Lord Provost at a ceremony last Friday for a winning entry in the ‘Winter Windows Competition’. His window is on display in St Patrick Square. Well done Max.
- Bruntsfield Primary School finished 1st at the Sportshall Athletics Competition on Monday. Georgina broke the City long jump record by 2cm and jumped 2.20m, giving her a Gold medal. The Edinburgh Final is on Monday 21st January 2019 at the Jack Kane Centre.
- As part of the Council’s building maintenance programme, contractors are going to check the cornices and ceilings in each of the classrooms. We welcome this pro-active approach. The contractors will begin setting up on Saturday 1 December and work round each room, starting with the GP Room (General Purpose Room). It will mean each class will relocate to the GP Room during the Day when it is their room’s turn. We shall minimise disruption as much as possible and all clubs and after school activities will run as usual.
- Boroughmuir has been named as the Sunday Times Scottish State Secondary School of the year 2018. There are 360 state secondaries in Scotland and this is the 2nd time in 6 years they have achieved this award. Mr Dempster has sent his thanks to all the staff, pupils, parents and carers of the Cluster who have helped achieve this. Fantastic news Boroughmuir!
- School Lunches: When our children make suggestions for school lunches, I pass them on to the catering team. To help gather everyone’s views, please complete the survey on: http://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/foodsch If you would like any further information on school lunches please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (full details have been sent in an earlier email this week).
P7 camp letter has gone out today as a paper copy so please look out for it.
The Winter Fair starts at 6.30-8.30pm on Friday 30 November, do come along and join in the fun!