Dear Parents and Carers,
- Sharing the learning: all the classes have thoroughly enjoyed the career education talks from you. It has given the children a great insight into the World of Work and the skills required. I have been delighted with the way the children have been able to talk about the visits and the impact this has had. We had over 60 offers from parents and carers to be involved in our Developing the Young Workforce Launch. If you would like to do this later in the session, please let us know.
- Book Bags have been given to all P2 and P3 pupils this week, P1 pupils received theirs earlier in the session.
- Bruntsfield Pupils and Staff raised £379.76 for The Scottish Poppy Appeal. Thank you everyone. Great to see so many people wearing white or red for Peace and Remembrance.
- Lucy in P5C is this year’s Edinburgh Southern Christmas Card Competition winner. There were some beautifully designed cards to choose from. Well done Lucy!
- David Urch, Chair of the Parent Council and I met with representatives from CALA Homes who are converting the old Boroughmuir High School into flats. To ensure the safety of our pupils on the way to and from school, they are arranging all deliveries out with school arrivals and departure times and will have a traffic management system in place. We shall share an information pack on their plans with you as soon as they send it to us. Work planned will be busy as they are converting the property into 102 flats over an estimated 36 months, with preparatory work starting w/c 3rd December. CALA have assured us they will have a health and safety rep on site at all times and will help with any enquiries or concerns. Please be aware of the potential for increased traffic and allow extra time to get to and from school.
- Police Scotland have launched a Facebook channel and dedicated internet pages designed for young people in Scotland. The new platforms are a result of feedback from national consultation with young people, who requested better access to information and improved modern ways to communicate with Police as part of the ‘Children and Young People 2016/20 – Our Approach’ plan. The new resources will help promote Children’s Right, provide safety and prevention messages by providing young people with easier access to educational resources and space to voice their views.
- The City of Edinburgh Council ‘Planning for Change and Delivering Services’ document and forms are available in libraries and Council offices. If you would like to share your views on future spending, please do so by the 7 December 2018 at edinburgh.budgetsimulator.com or complete the online survey at www.edinburgh.gov.uk/change (all the information was sent by email earlier this week.)
- The Winter Fair raffle tickets have been allocated to families by the Parent Council, please return any unsold tickets to your class teacher.
I look forward to seeing you at the Winter Fair on Friday 30 November, 6.30-8.30pm. Please come along, it is great fun for all the family.