Dear Parents and Carers,
- CEC are consulting on Planning for Change and Delivering Services (2019-2023). If you would like to share your views, please visit www.edinburgh.gov.uk/change
- I am meeting with CALA developers next week to discuss the plans for the old Boroughmuir High School building. We shall agree dates for them to talk to the children about the development and any health and safety messages for our pupils. I’ll take the opportunity to ask them to share the skills they need for all the jobs involved in this project.
- A number of children have attendance less than 85% since the start of term. This is almost all due to families taking time off school for events and holidays during term time. Please avoid booking holidays during the term. The CEC give all Head Teachers set letters which I must send if you request absence during the term or if attendance drops below 85%.
- I was asked about information on transition to High School. Please see the link below, it should cover everything, however if there are any other questions, please let us know.
- This is Dyslexia Week and the Dyslexia Team have been sharing ideas, taking part in new training and entering competitions to promote dyslexia. I am pleased to say, Rosie (P7) has won the dyslexia friendly logo competition for the City. This means her logo will be on all Council letterheads and publicity posters for dyslexia. Well done Rosie!
- Max (P7) is a Winter Windows Competition 2018 winner and his art work will be displayed in St Patrick Square, Nicholson Street, EH8 9EZ (date to be confirmed). Well done Max!
- Joe, Gregory, Lachlan and Ryan represented Bruntsfield at the Lothian Junior Chess Team Day on Sunday. Although they were two P6s and two P5s they were playing in the P6/7 section and all won several of their matches. Well done players and chess tutors – a great effort! If you would like to know more about playing chess, or would like to join in, please contact the Parent Council Chess Club.
As always, if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.