Dear Parents and Carers,
- Anti-bullying Week 2018 starts on 12th to 16th November. This year the theme is ‘Choose Respect‘. Class teachers are organising activities to promote this with their children.
- Thank you P5 and P6 children, parents, carers, organisers and teachers for a great Hallowe’en Party. It was great fun, fantastic costumes and excellent behaviour.
- Children who made the P5 Diwali masks have been invited to join in the Diwali Parade on Saturday 3 November 2018, wearing their masks. If you would like to join in, the meeting place is the Quadrangle at the City Chambers, 253 High Street at 12.45pm. The parade goes down to the Ross Bandstand in Princes Street Gardens. Children in their masks will be in second position, after the Army Band. One of the workshop leaders, will be at the Quadrangle to welcome the pupils and their Parents or Carers. Further information is available from Anne Fleming firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 0131 554 8923.
- The team of staff and pupils have almost finished their Travel Plan, which they will share with you soon. Great to see so many people walking and cycling. As always, please remember to park safely at the start and end of the school day. It would be much appreciated by families if you could switch your engine off, if you are waiting in a car, and a practical way to show our children how we can reduce emissions to protect our environment. Thank you.
- I had a very good meeting with our House Captains this week, they organise competitions for children to join in for Churchill, Leamington, Merchiston and Viewforth as well as sharing information at Gatherings and Assemblies. We discussed ways they could become more involved in leading Community Teams and I am meeting them again, to hear their ideas. They have a lots enthusiasm and energy which is inspiring!
- Open Day for 2019-2020 P1 parents and carers was very well attended. Lots of compliments to all our P7 tour guides. Well done P7 and thank you to all the staff who helped.
- Enrolment Day is Wednesday 7 November, 9.15-11.15am or 1.45-2.45pm. Please remember to bring your Council Tax Assessment, a recent utility bill (either electricity or gas) plus your child’s Birth Certificate.
As always, if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.