Dear Parents and Carers,
- The City of Edinburgh Council have updated their forms for Display and Publication of Images. A paper copy will be sent to you on the first day back. This allows you the option to give (or not) parental permission for photographs to be used by the school. Please read it carefully and return with your selection clearly marked. (We shall email you a copy too.)
- Harvest Service at Barclay Viewforth Church was both educational and entertaining. Well done P3! Thank you for all your donations for food for the homeless, it has been collected and will be distributed to those who need it.
- Flu immunisation by NHS nurses is on Wednesday 5 December, further information will be forwarded from your classes. Each school is given a date by the NHS and we are unable to change it. If you prefer to have the vaccination earlier, please arrange via your doctor or pharmacist.
- Sharing learning in Art: the children create and build great art works throughout the term. After the holidays, we shall post photos of their art work on the class pages on our websites for you to enjoy, as well as promoting it on our screen in the main entrance hall.
- Bruntsfield Primary School have entered into the ‘Oor Willie Bucket Trail’ which will be lots of art and fun for the children whilst raining money for the Edinburgh Children’s Hospital Charity. Artists from around the country will design ‘Oor Willie Sculptures’ this winter. If successful, we shall be given one in Spring for our children to decorate. Details will come via your classes later in the session.
- You have a last chance to buy tickets (£5) for P5 & P6 Parent Council Halloween Party which is on Tuesday 30 October, 6-8pm. Tickets available using Paypal, please follow the link https://paypal.me/pools/c/88ecyLFgS8, and then email the form to Fiona Reid at Fionamason77@yahoo.co.uk or if you prefer, by cash in an envelope labeled ‘Halloween Party’ with your child’s name and class on it. Please post in the Parent Council post box which is next to the window at the school office.
- The City of Edinburgh Council, in conjunction with the Scottish Football Association, run fun football programmes at Forrester / St Augustine’s Community Sports Hub on a Friday afternoon. Sessions are delivered by Scottish FA-qualified coaches focusing on skill development, fun and small-sided matches and are perfect for players of all abilities and experience. For further information please visit https://www.joininedinburgh.org/sports/sports-development/ or contact Jack.Beesley@ea.edin.sch.uk.
- Social Event for Parents and Carers Diary Date: Parent Council Pub Quiz at Akvar on Thursday 08 November: Details on the Parent Council website.
- Staff return on Monday 22 October for Inservice training. We shall work with our Cluster Schools, at South Morningside Primary School, on Developing the Young Workforce in the morning and moderation of children’s learning in literacy and numeracy in the afternoon as detailed in our Improvement Plan.
- Pupils return on Tuesday 23 October.
- Please remember to book school lunch choices on Parent Pay next week for the first week back after the holiday week.
Have a lovely October Holiday,