Dear Parents and Carers,
- Compliments are always appreciated, this week we have: “I have just shared a bus trip with some of your pupils who were returning from a school trip. I just wanted to say how well behaved and polite they were. They should be proud of themselves.” Well done P4!
- If you are eligible for free school meals, please remember to update your application form, we have noticed some have expired. Further information may be found at http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/20183/foodandclothing/392/freeschoolmealsandhelpwithschoolwear
- It is approaching the time of year to prevent norovirus in school. If your child has a sickness bug, please remember to stay off for 48 hours, as advised by CEC. Further information is available from nhslothian.scot.nhs.uk
- P7 Netball Team had a great start to the season’s matches with a win against St George’s on Tuesday. Well done everyone!
- Communication: we are updating our ICT programmes at the moment. We shall always reply to your emails or phone calls. If, however, you do not receive a reply, please contact us again.
- For the third year running all primary schools in Scotland are invited to take part in the First Minister’s Reading Challenge. We are all taking part, class teachers will share information with you in due course.
- The Scottish Government and Road Safety Scotland launched ‘Ziggy’s Sports Day’, a book which addresses the importance of parental behaviour in the car, and the impact it can have on children. When we receive our copies, we shall share with the children. Further information available at: ly/2ppZ37t #GoSafeWithZiggy They have also created short film clips to highlight the resource at http://bit.ly/2xTMzcS.
As always, if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.