Dear Parents and Carers,
- You should all have received a paper copy of address, phone numbers, emergency contacts etc. which we hold on our system. Please check all the details are correct and return to school, via your child’s class teacher to allow us to update our records. If you have not received one, please contact our school office.
- Social Enterprise met with our Eco Team and Pupil Council to discuss this session’s Community Team agenda, Global Goal 8: Decent work and Economic Growth. Each Community Team will plan what they want to achieve, how they will do this and the impact it will make. The Community Teams and Pupil Council will keep you informed of their progress via our website as the year progresses.
- Ms Seonaid Dobie and Mr Wood attended a training session on next steps for our Rights Respecting Schools learning on Wednesday after school. They will discuss with staff and pupils and link to Community Teams as above. If you would like to be involved, please contact your class teacher. I do hope you like our Silver Award Banner, we are all very pleased to have earned it!
- The P2s started their 4 week block of yoga sessions last Friday. They are learning simple breathing techniques which helps with focus and concentration plus some yoga postures to promote strength, body awareness and good posture. Each session includes a game to help fine motor skills and/or co-ordination. Thanks to Parent Council Funding to support this.
- Playground: I have a group of pupils working with the Pupil Council and myself on ideas to continue our development of the playground areas. They have lots of good ideas and shall make a bid for funding for their ‘wish list’ of loose play items, skipping ropes, hoops, hoppers etc.
- Drop off and collection times can be very busy and we ask all parents to park in safe places if they are unable to walk their children to school. Children don’t always understand or see the dangers of double parking or reversing, particularly so if very close to the school gates. Please help us keep all our children safe, by parking a safe distance away, or even better, walking them to school. We are currently updating our Travel Plan and once compete we shall share this with you and with City of Edinburgh Council.
- Parent, teacher, pupil consultations: you asked to try them earlier in the session, which we did. Parents shared lots of positives from Tuesday’s meeting. In favour: good to meet and build relationships with the teacher; to learn about the curriculum; share knowledge early and great for parental engagement. However, we appreciate the teacher’s haven’t had as long with the children as in previous years. We shall have three options for next session: early September; mid-September or early October (avoiding camp week, which can vary from year to year). Please take some thinking time and we shall gather your views, most likely, via a Survey Monkey questionnaire on timings for next session.
- Enterprise Music Scotland are holding their National Chamber Music Day on Saturday 15th Sept and have FREE events for children up to age 12 and their families. They have two performances of, ‘Around the World with Bessy – Part One-Europe’ at the Scottish Poetry Library at 11amand at North Edinburgh Arts with a fully staged version at 2pm. To reserve your free tickets, please contact the venues or email firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to seeing your all tonight at our second Parent, Carer, Pupil and Teacher Meeting.
Bruntsfield Primary School
Tel: 0131 229 1821