Dear Parents and Carers,
- We welcomed our new P1 pupils to school on Wednesday. Older pupils shared how they will support them as Buddies and the current P1s shared their learning. Information was shared from the Parent Council and school nurse and the choir entertained them. Thank you to Jenny Stirling for teaching our choir, they sounded really lovely.
- Teachers will give the End of Session Reports to the children tomorrow. We welcome your feedback.
- Classes for 2018-2019: the children are very pleased to have been told their new teacher and pupil support assistant (PSA) today. Next week, they will have the chance to meet and get to know their new teacher and PSA in their new room and will also learn where to line up next session. I have emailed you next session’s staff list and will post it on the website before the end of term.
- As part of our Eco Drive to save paper, our School Standard and Quality Report for 2017-2018 and Improvement Plan for 2018-2019 will be posted on the website next week. I shall continue to update you on progress as we work through next session. Special thanks to our parents who helped ensure the Parent Summary is jargon free!
- P6/7 Girls Netball Team won the final of the Edinburgh Schools Summer Cup at Meggetland against Craiglockhart with a score of 5-2 to Bruntsfield.
- Special thanks go to Lorna Norton who has coached Netball for eleven years and Diarmid Rutherford, who has coached football for seven years. They have supported the children and led them to their many successes. Their clubs have been loved by many pupils over the years, thank you both! If you would like to be involved in coaching, please contact the Parent Council.
- Mateo in P7C, won the Chess Club Gold Medal. Well done Mateo.
- As part of Scotland’s Year of Young People 2018 celebrations, City of Edinburgh are supporting IRONKIDS Scotland. Sports taster sessions, live entertainment and family-focused running events of between 500m and 2km will take part in in Dalkeith Country Park from 4pm on Friday 29 June, Preston Links at Prestonpans from 11am on Saturday 30 June and at Holyrood Park from 3pm on Saturday 30 June. If you would like to join in sign up for IRONKIDS Scotland or enter on the day. £4 per young person, plus a small booking fee and I am told this includes an IRONKIDS T-shirt and a Finishers Medal.
- Play Streets has now been adopted as official Council policy. If you would like to apply to close your street for a play session over the summer holidays please use the following link http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/20014/schools_and_learning/1553/playing_out/1
Please remember the school closes at 12 noon on Friday 29 June and there are no after school clubs or Kidzcare classes.
We look forward to hearing our Pipers ‘piping out the P7s’. Please come and join us as we say “Goodbye” to them.