Dear Parents and Carers,
- Please remember Monday 7 May is a holiday and the school will be closed on Tuesday 8th May for In Service.
- During the inservice staff will work together to discuss the most effective ways to give feedback to children about their learning and ways to ensure poverty is not a barrier to success. In the afternoon, The Youth Music Team will work with staff to develop learning and teaching through ‘Wonder of Music’, a programme they produced at the start of the year, in partnership with City of Edinburgh Council.
- As part of our transition activities to Boroughmuir High School, P7s had a great day making healthy pizza with the Health and Wellbeing Team. They told me they really liked being in the new school.
- Throughout the year, we invite authors to talk to the children about their books, writing styles and inspiration. This week, Tom Morgan Jones shared his interactive style of writing with P7s.
- A group of P5 pupils represented Bruntsfield at the annual Maths Fun Day at Merchiston School. Well done, a great day was had by all. Keep working on maths everyone, we shall be looking for entrants for next year!
- Our P3 to P7 choir took part in the ‘Edinburgh Choir Competition Festival’ at St Cuthbert’s Church on Thursday. They performed in two categories and were highly praised for ‘singing with enthusiasm and great skill’. Many thanks to the choir leaders and well done to the pupils!
- P7 pupils who play the cello or violin, were invited to join a 95 piece string orchestra at the Resonate Concert. They all did an amazing job!
- Jemma in P7C is through to the finals of the Fringe Poster Competition. I am told it will be the end of this month before all the designs are displayed at Dynamic Earth. Well done Jemma!
- Emma (P7) has been selected for the second Scottish Schools Inter–Association Sevens tournament of the season at Meggetland Sports Complex on Wednesday 16th May 2018. All are welcome to go along. Well done Emma!
- The Scottish Government have produced ‘Every child, every chance- The Tackling Child Poverty Delivery Plan 2018-2022. Further information is available at http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2018/03/4093
- The City of Edinburgh offer an ‘Advice Shop’ for anyone wishing free, impartial and confidential advice on how to maximise family finances at 248 High Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1YJ, Tel: 0131 200 2360. 10am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am – 3.40pm on a Friday.
- Heriot-Watt University has an Exploration Weekend on 18thand 19th May with a series of family friendly hands on lab visits, cultural events, exhibitions and lectures. Further information about the Exploration Weekend is available at hw.ac.uk/exploration-weekend
- As always, if there is anything we can do to help, or if you have any queries or suggestions, please let us know.