Dear Parents and Carers,
- Welcome back everyone, we have a busy term ahead and it is great to see the sunshine!
- This Month’s Building Resilience Theme is ‘Make a Difference’. The children will discuss ideas for their Class and Community Team and there will be a family activity if you would like to join in.
- Janis in P7A . Lola 6B and Eilidh in P6A are through to the finals of the Fringe Poster Competition. Their designs are displayed in Dynamic Earth if you would like to see them. Well done girls!
- The Scottish Government is introducing a new system of standardised assessments, called the Scottish National Standardised Assessments (SNSA). They have created a dedicated website, https://standardisedassessment.gov.scot for further information. As with all assessments, teachers use them diagnostically to help plan learning and teaching at the correct level in order to meet each individual learner’s needs.
- The step at the front door is missing a few tiles and they are due to be replaced at the weekend.
- Nominations for our Golden Book Award 2018 are invited for any child or group of children who have achieved in exceptional circumstances or have contributed to the Community. Please let me know if you have someone in mind.
- If you are interested in working in a City of Edinburgh Nursery, ninety early years trainee/MA posts are advertised on MyJobScotland until May 6th. If you would like to know what this involves, there is a free public early years careers information event on Friday 20th April at the Scottish Storytelling Centre, Bookable via Survey Monkey at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/EYCAREERCHANGER
As always, if you have a concern, suggestion or question, please let me, or a member of the Bruntsfield Staff know, we are all here to help.