Dear Parents and Carers,
- Thanks to P2 pupils and staff who shared their learning with us on Hot and Cold Lands. A very enjoyable afternoon was had by all.
- Our Euro Quiz Team came 7th out of 22 teams which made the finals last week. The children enjoyed the experience of working at the Parliament and have given us some very good tips on areas to develop further.
- Litter: our Eco Team are leading ‘reducing litter’ with all the classes. Well done Eco Team! Please do all you can to help them by reducing packaging in packed lunches and snacks.
- ‘Earth Hour’ is on Saturday 24th March at 8.30pm. Businesses, famous landmarks and families are switching off electricity for one hour to help raise awareness for climate change. We are supporting this in school on Friday 23rd March when all classes will spend an hour ‘tech free and paper free’ and we shall switch off all non-essential appliances.
- The Easter Service, led by P5 is on Wednesday 21 March at Barclay Viewforth Church. Doors open at 1.45pm for 2.00pm start. Please join us if you can.
- Open Day at the new Boroughmuir High School is on Saturday 24thMarch from 11am – 4pm, you are all invited. An additional celebration and fundraising event for former pupils and parents is on Friday 23rd March 4.30 – 7.00pm. If you would like to attend, tickets are £15 from https://www.eventbrite.com/e/boroughmuir-high-school-new-school-reception-tickets-43548533837?aff=eac2 I am told, Ronnie Brown (The Corrie’s) will unveil a commissioned painting of the ‘old’ school at 5.30pm and some of the BHS musicians will play throughout the event.
- Please remember school closes at the usual time on Thursday 29 March for the Easter Holidays and reopens on Tuesday 17 April 2018.
If there is anything I or any member of staff can do to help, please let me know. We are all here to help.