Dear Parents and Carers
- Our front playground is resurfaced and is looking good! The Pupil Council are working with us to choose markings for games and activities. The children have come up with some good ideas already.
- World Book Day is on Thursday 1 March. This year’s theme is ‘Share a Story’. The children will discuss their books with children from other classes to give them the chance to make new friendships. As always, they are welcome to dress up as they wish. Book tokens and stickers will be given by class teachers.
- From Friday 23rd February PC Amy Fowler will become our School Link Officer whilst PC Jenkins is on secondment.
- Jimmy, one of our School Crossing Guides, will be back on duty on Monday 26 February 2018 at Merchiston Avenue/Granville Terrace. We shall be pleased to see him back.
- I have been given information on Maths Circle, a free drop-in session where children aged 5 to 16 and their families may join in with exciting mathematical activities, games and puzzles. Please be aware this is not a School event, it has been recommended by parents. Information may be found at: http://tinyurl.com/edmathscircle.
- The Edinburgh Schools Senior Dance Competition has been running for 12 years. It is on Tuesday 27 February 2018 at 7.30pm Church Hill Theatre, Morningside Road, Edinburgh, EH10 4DR . Tickets are £3 and available from usherhall.co.uk
- P6 and P7 showed good sportsmanship and came 5th in the Regional Athletic Finals.
- The next Parent Council meeting is on Wednesday 14 March at 7pm (changed from the 21 March).
- Bruntsfield Theatre Club has been selected to perform and represent Bruntsfield at the ‘From Studio to Stage 2018’ event at Queen’s Hall on Wednesday 14th of March. Good luck everyone and enjoy!