Dear Parents and Carers
- Bruntsfield Primary School Badminton Team are once again Edinburgh Schools Champions! They won the Edinburgh Primary School Quaich and the Edinburgh Primary School Bruntsfield will represent Edinburgh in the Finals of the SSBU Gibb Memorial Primary Quaich at Ravenscraig Sport Centre on Saturday 24th February 2018. Well done to: Ishbel, Freya and Rhona in P7, Poppy, Logan, Hugh and Elwyn in P6. Joe in P5 and to Michael Louden, their Badminton Coach.
- You asked about First Aid training: We have 6 fully trained ‘First Aiders’ in school. All pupil support assistants have been trained at Emergency Aid level, plus myself and six of the teachers.
- We are planning to have staff photos on a board in the small entrance hall, along with a box for parents to drop messages in. I am hoping the photographer can help with this in March.
- Kidzcare and other interested parties are holding a meeting on Wednesday 31 January at the Eric Liddle Centre from 7-9pm to discuss ideas for the Astley Ainsley Site. They invite you to join them. Please note, this is not a School or Council meeting.
- The 2018 East Para Sport Festival is on Friday 23rd March 2018 at Forrester / St Augustine’s High School, Edinburgh, EH12 9AE and is open to school aged pupils (P1 – S6) with a physical or sensory impairment from East Lothian, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scottish Borders and West Lothian. If you would like participate or attend, further information is available from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AzP4sztaDY&t=1s, or by email to, firstname.lastname@example.org|@ActiveSchoolsED
- Nile Grove Playgroup invites families to bring their 2-5 year olds to a FREE ‘stay and play’ Open Day on Monday 12th February, 9:30am – 11:30am to try out some of the activities on offer. This is a drop-in session, no need to book, just turn up. More details can be found on their website.
I look forward to seeing you at Parent, Teacher, Pupil Consultation Meetings next Tuesday and Thursday and at the Parent Council meeting on Tuesday 30 January 2018.