Dear Parents and Carers,
· The P1 Nativity at Barclay Viewforth Church was beautiful and very well attended. Thank you P1 Team. Thanks to Sam Torrens for making us so welcome. If you wish to purchase the Nativity photos, please send your order to the class teacher by Monday 18 December to ensure delivery before the end of term.
· The pothole in the front playground at the front entrance gate, is booked to be repaired next Tuesday.
· Please be aware, I cannot authorise time out of school for holidays, unless in exceptional circumstances. I’m sorry but cheaper flights, family visits and beating the rush are not exceptional.
· I am told head lice are in the community again. Please remember to check your children’s hair (and anyone who looks after them) weekly. If we all check at the same time, perhaps we can get rid of them quickly!
· Thank you to all families who have followed the ‘48 hours off school’ to prevent sickness spreading. It is very much appreciated.
· Please see our website for helpful ‘Top Tips’ on web guidance suggested by one of our parents.
· The P7 Netball squad made it to the semi-finals in the Edinburgh schools cup on Friday at the Oriam Centre. St Peter’s won, 3 goals to 2. Good effort girls. Congratulations to St Peter’s.
· The Deputy First Minister and Cabinet Secretary for Education and Skills has set a Holiday Maths Challenge for P6 pupils via Parentpay. Further information is available at http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Education/Schools/curriculum/MakingMathsCountScotland
· Please remember to order school lunches by Wednesday 20 December for the first week in January. This helps the kitchen staff place their order for fresh, local ingredients.
· School Closes at 12 noon on Friday 22 December. Please make sure your child knows who is collecting them or where they are going after school.